About this event
The Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FEWACCI) presents its compliments.
As part of the fulfilment of the ongoing intervention supported by the ICR Facility on business environment for women-led business in the cross-border agri-food value chains within ECOWAS, it gives me great pleasure to inform you that the Experts in charge of this project have concluded with their assignment which involved consultations with Stakeholders, field missions, series of interviews with women-led businesses both formal and informal across the West African States.
Following the consultations and field missions, the Experts have drafted a study report informed by the needs of women-led business especially as it concerns cross-border trading. This study report explores lessons and recommendations that will facilitate the scaling up and improvement of their businesses and environment. In addition to the report, a short film that captures testimonials from three successful women have also been developed.
I would therefore like to cordially invite your Chambers, to participate in a One-day (Hybrid) public- private dialogue workshop where the recommendations of this study and film will be shared. The workshop is scheduled to take place in Abuja at the Abuja Chamber of Commerce Trade and Convention Centre on 16th December, 2021; by 10:00am prompt.
For additional information, the Secretariat of your Chamber can contact us at +2347035130060, email: email@example.com
PROGRAMME OF EVENT
– The National Prayer/Anthem (All Participant led by ACCI DG)
– Introduction and presentation of the objectives of the meeting (FEWACCI ED)
– Welcome remarks (ACCI President)
– Goodwill messages (EU Delegation, OACP Secretariat, ECOWAS – tbc)
– Presentation on ICR Facility (ICR Team)
– Group photo (all participants)
– Presentation of the report (Consultant)
– Viewing of the film (all participants)
– Q&A and discussion on recommendations / PPD (all participants, moderated by FEWACCI ED)
– Conclusions and next steps (FEWACCI ED)
– Vote of thanks (ACCI DG)This event is part of an intervention conducted by the Investment Climate Reform (ICR) Facility. The ICR Facility is co-funded by the European Union (EU),the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OACPS) under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF), the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the British Council. The ICR Facility is implemented by GIZ, the British Council, Expertise France, and SNV. This specific intervention is led by GIZ and Elodie Ritzenthaler and Safiatou Traore on behalf of GFA Consulting Group GmbH.The ICR Facility supports public and private stakeholders in African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries in creating a more conducive, sustainable and inclusive business environment and investment climate. More information: www.icr-facility.eu